Friday 27 April 2012

dj austin

Why I do it: I became a DJ because I am a music lover first and foremost. I’m into all types from the ’50s until today and when I found out that I could listen to music, see people having a good time and get paid pretty well for it, I was hooked. To be a successful DJ, you have to have a passion for it. It’s easier now with computers, but when I started, you didn’t have a computer to keep all your files handy. You had to use your memory and then you had to know where that 12-inch record was out of the 20 racks and hundreds of records you had, not hit command-C to load the next song. I would lock myself in the DJ booth during the day and practice until I was able to finally earn my own night at Daddio’s Nightclub working for Fred Koury Jr. in the early ’90s. I went on from there to work at Jokers 3, 98.7 Kiss FM (on-air), 98.7 Kiss Country (on air), Inferno (original), the N Club, the Palomino Club, Pure Platinum (High Point Road), Fifth Season, Harpers 2 and 3, Tradewinds (High Point), and Executive Suite.http://www.austinpartymachine.com/
·                     

No comments:

Post a Comment